The Cold Shoulder After The First Date
Things were going so well and you had an awesome first date…or so you thought. Are they giving you the cold shoulder after you thought you had a great time? Here are some reasons why this could be happening and what you can do about it:
- Ask them straight up. The best approach is to just ask them what’s going on. Explain that you thought everything was going really well and now it seems like they’re not into it. Have a mature conversation about it and hopefully they’ll be able to be honest with you.
- Apologize if necessary. Did you offend them somehow? Maybe you made a comment that you didn’t realize was offensive or hurtful. If that’s the case, tell them that you’re sorry.
- Tell them that you had a great time. They might be giving you the cold shoulder because they’re worried that you aren’t into them. Giving you the cold shoulder could be a protection mechanism if they’re trying not to get too attached. Telling them that you had a great time and really enjoyed spending time with them should help them to relax and see that you like them too.
- Move on. It could be that they just aren’t into it. Maybe the first date was fun but they just don’t think you’re a good match. If you’ve tried talking to them but they just don’t seem that into it, it’s just time to move on.
Are You Jealous Of Your Best Friend?
You love your best friend and think they’re awesome, but do they seem to have the perfect life and it’s making you green with envy? Here are the dos and don’t for dealing with jealousy in your friendship:
- Focus on your strengths. Don’t let thinking that they’re perfect make you think that you’re a total loser. A pity party only makes you feel worse so think about what you’re good at and focus on your good qualities.
- Ask them for help. Are they an awesome runner and you are totally jealous? Ask them for help training for a race and to share some tips with you. Reaching out rather than pushing them away will help you bond over something rather than driving you apart.
- Be happy for them, even if you have to fake it. It’s your job as their friend to be happy for them and support them. It’s not their fault that you feel jealous so don’t take it out on them by having a bad attitude about their success. Smile, congratulate them and tell them that you’re happy for them.